SponsoredTweets referral badge

Recent Posts

Sunday, August 9, 2009

Prevention is better than cure

It was just a little pain in my foot until the next day it swell and the pain attacked and grew. I went to the doctor and I was diagnosed in my early age with gouty arthritis. I was shocked. The doctor told me that it’s hereditary. My life suddenly changed. Dietary changes, more exercise, maintaining adequate fluid intake, reduce alcohol consumption and so on plus some medications.

Here are the foods to avoid for people with high uric acid:

· Organs meats such as liver, kidneys, tripe, heart, tongue, intestines etc.

· Excessive amounts of red meat and poultry

· Shellfish, mussels, anchovies, fish roe, herring, mackerel, sardines, shrimp and scallops

· Peas, legumes, okra, eggplant, mongo, spinach, lentils and beans

· Yeast

· Mushrooms

· Asparagus

· Soya products

Foods that are low in purines:

· Raw fruit

· Vegetables (those not mentioned under high in purine foods)

· Grains

· White bread/crackers (not whole wheat)

· White rice

· Cereals and cereal products

· Cheese (all kinds)

· Milks

· Tea and coffee

· Eggs

· Fruits

· Gelatine

This is just a friendly reminder. Prevention is in fact better than cure.

0 comments:

Post a Comment